Move over, Netflix. A movie theater company is now launching a membership service that will allow consumers to enjoy movies for cheaper prices.
Cinemark Holdings Inc. launched its Movie Club, a monthly movie membership program that gives members discounts on tickets and concession foods along with other benefits. Consumers can join for $8.99 per month and manage their accounts through the Cinemark app on their phones.
» CONSUMER NEWS FOR YOU: Duke Energy says data breach could impact customers
- One 2-D movie ticket each month with premium format ticket upgrades available
- Unused tickets roll over and never expire for active members
- Ability to reserve seats and buy tickets in advance with no online fees
- Additional tickets at the member price of $8.99 each
- 20 percent discount on concessions during every visit
The membership is $8.99 per month. pic.twitter.com/zJpCPCvryd— Kara Driscoll (@KaraDDriscoll) December 7, 2017
“Based on the feedback we received, we designed Movie Club with all of the features and benefits that moviegoers desire most in a membership program without any of the hassle, enabling our guests to enjoy the moviegoing experience with their friends and family,” said Cinemark CEO Mark Zoradi.
Movie Club is accepted at all Cinemark locations across the nation, including Century Theatres, CinéArts, Tinseltown and Rave Cinemas. Cinemark owns and operates several theaters in the Southwest Ohio region.
Tell this news organization what you think in the comments below. Would you use a subscription-based service to the movie theater?
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS