A new Aldi is opening in early December as the anchor of a new retail development in Beavercreek.
The Aldi, located at the south end of the development, will span 18,500 square feet and opens on Dec. 12. The store is located at 2451 Lakeview Drive right off of North Fairfield Drive.
Other retailers in the development include Salon Lofts, which will occupy 4,000 square feet of space north of the Aldi. Salon Lofts offer individual suites where hair stylists, massage therapists, skin care and nail specialists run their salons.
Here are five things you need to know about the new grocery store:
1. When the store opens on Dec. 12 at 8:45 a.m., the store will do a golden ticket giveaway. The first 100 shoppers will receive a golden ticket, each containing Aldi gift cards of various amount. They will also give away eco-friendly bags, and a sweepstakes of free produce for a year. And if you love free food, the store will give out product samples.
2. The new Beavercreek store will replace the Aldi located at 4886 Aurway Road, which will officially close on Dec. 10. The store is located near Hobby Lobby and Target.
3. Aldi carries more than 100 fruits and vegetables for lower prices. The store will offer special pricing at the grand opening celebration. Milk gallons will be on sale for $1.59 and eggs will be 59 cents.
4. The store will feature a range of organic produce, USDA choice beef, the liveGfree gluten-free product line, and the Simlpy Nature brand food products.
5. The store is environmentally friendly too. The store was built with energy-saving refrigeration and LED lighting.