Any alleged beef between singers Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle may be settled in the food aisle of your favorite grocery store.
Franklin plans to come out with a food line that will likely include desserts.
The Queen of Soul talked about her food products with Detroit Local 4. She said she also plans to offer chili, her special gumbo and baked chicken and dressing in a loaf pan. The singer said she is in talks with a company based in Phoenix to create the products.
LaBelle released a line of desserts last fall that are now sold in Walmart stores. Her sweet potato pies flew off shelves during the holidays. She got a helping hand from unofficial pitchman James Wright Chanel, who sang his way to becoming a viral sensation and Thanksgiving dinner at LaBelle’s home.
Franklin said she hasn’t had a chance to try LaBelle’s pie, but advised, "Ms. Patti’s gonna have to move that pie to the side."
We’re not rushing to judgment until we taste what Franklin has to offer.
Then we’ll find out who gets the "R-E-S-P-E-C-T."
- Mid-air brawl forces Delta plane to make an unscheduled stop
- Here's how much Google paid the MBA student who briefly owned Google.com
- Photographer donates services to parents who may have to say goodbye
- Zika virus: CDC warns pregnant women not to travel to these countries
- Dog saves its owner from deadly snake sneaking up on him