Entrepreneurs both inside and outside southwest Ohio are finding new and creative ways to tap into the surging thirst for craft beers.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
There are at least eight microbreweries or brewpubs in various stages of development* in the region, including:
- Dayton Beer Company in Kettering opened in 201. thedaytonbeerco.com
- Yellow Springs Brewery has announced it will open to the public April 13. yellowspringsbrewery.com
- Fifth Street Brewery in Dayton could open as early as this spring. www.fifthstreet.coop
- Carillon Brewery: Dayton History broke ground this month on a working brewery that will evoke the region’s 19th century brewing traditions. The facility at Carillon Park in Dayton is slated to open in March 2014. daytonhistory.org
- Toxic Brew in Dayton’s Oregon District may open as early as May. toxicbrewcompany.com
- Lock 27 Brewing Co. in Centerville could open as early as this summer. www.facebook.com/Lock27Brewing
- Eudora Brewing Co. in Kettering is starting renovations, and its opening date is TBA. www.eudorabrewing.com
- Vitruvian Brew Company in Yellow Springs is shooting for a summer opening. www.facebook.com/Vitruvian.brew
- Licensing and permit delays and construction schedules can push back projected opening dates.
Source: Dayton Daily News research