A grandmother accidentally stuck herself with a needle this weekend after her grandson had overdosed on heroin.
Police and medics were called just before 10:30 p.m. Saturday to the 2000 block of Collins Avenue.
A woman found her 22-year-old son unconscious after an apparent heroin overdose, according to a Dayton police report.
When police arrived, Dustin Wilson was alert and was standing in his bedroom. Medics treated him, but he refused to go to the hospital.
Wilson’s 67-year-old grandmother accidentally pricked herself with the syringe’s needle. Medics said she would need to go to the hospital because the needle had been used for heroin. She agreed to go, but wanted family members to take her to the hospital, the report stated.
According to Wilson’s mother, her son had been in rehab recently for a past heroin overdose.
Wilson was arrested and booked into the Montgomery County Jail on suspicion of possessing drug abuse instruments. He is being held in lieu of 10 percent of $2,500 and is scheduled to appear Monday afternoon for arraignment, online jail records show.