The place: C’est Tout Bistro, 2600 Far Hills Ave., Oakwood
The Restaurant Week menu: A three-course menu for $25.14, with a choice of:
• Cream of Garbanzo Bean with Roasted Garlic and Sun Dried Tomatoes
• Arcadian Greens with Spicy Capicollo, Gorgonzola, Red and Yellow Tomatoes – White Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Blackened Salmon with Rice, Bell Pepper, and Vegetables Julienne – Champagne Mustard Sauce
• Confit Organic Chicken Legs with Adzuki Beans, Leeks, and Roasted Portobello Compote- Natural Jus with Rosemary
• Slow Roasted Prime Rib with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans – Red Wine Horseradish Cream Sauce
• Rice Pudding with Pear Confit and Bourbon Sauce
• Chocolate Fudge Cake with Caramel Sauce
• Apple Tarte with Vanilla Gelato
What we thought: The cream of Garbanzo Bean Soup was smooth as silk — creamy, rich and satisfying. The salad was light and refreshing, the cherry tomatoes offering a tease of summer.
My dining companion opted for the prime rib, and I ordered the chicken confit. The beef was a thick and generous slab, cooked to medium-rare as requested, and the creamy sauce packed a pleasantly robust kick of horseradish. The two chicken legs (with thighs) were properly tender and moist.
The apple tarte was delicate and flaky, topped with a thinly sliced, peeled half of an apple and a dollop of slowly melting vanilla gelato, all anointed with a drizzle of caramel sauce. And the wedge of chocolate fudge cake was moist and decadent, complemented but not overwhelmed by caramel sauce.
The dinners had the look and feel of a $30 Restaurant Week meal, but were priced at $25.14.
The info: (937) 298-0022 or www.cesttoutbistro.com