- Ty Greenlees Staff Writer
Phase one of University of Dayton Arena upgrades have been completed.
New seats have been installed in the 100 and 200 seating sections, and there is almost enough light from the new scoreboard and other video boards to light the arena on their own.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. New center scoreboard. It has has four main panels with corner wedges and a ribbon section around the bottom.
2. New seats. All seating in the lower 100 and 200 sections are now fabric-covered cushioned seats with cup holders.
3. More private viewing spaces. Four corner terrace sections have been constructed to add private viewing space to the arena.
4. Additions to the baskets. The baskets and their supports are decked out with two shot clocks and LED stanchion lights.
5. New boards in the corners. New ribbon boards are now located at each end of the arena for additional communication space.
Phase two will include, among other things, the installation of new concourse and 300/400 level seats, new south and west entrances and elevator and stairs to event level and ew renovated event level locker rooms and training room. Most of that work will start in the spring.