Wide eyes and hopeful smiles abound as young shoppers gaze with wonder.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
American Girl facts
* More than 143 million American Girl books have been sold since 1986.
* More than 23 million American Girl dolls have been sold through the company’s catalogue, retail stores, and website since 1986.
* American Girl magazine has a circulation of more than 450,000, ranking it among the top 10 children’s magazines in the nation and the largest publication dedicated exclusively to girls ages 8 and up.
* American Girl’s retail stores have welcomed more than 54 million visitors.
* The American Girl website, americangirl.com, receives more than 70 million visits per year.
* American Girl has a longstanding commitment to children’s charities nationwide. To date, the company has donated more than $96 million in cash and products.