It’s good for the environment and good for her health, but Emmy Fabich has another good reason to ride her bike to work.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
* Bike Bucks at the Market – May 18 and 25, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., PNC 2nd Street Market, 600 E. Second St. To celebrate National Bike Month, the 2nd Street Market is offering Bike Bucks. Ride your bike to the Market on any Saturday in May and enter a drawing to win $50 in Market Money. Bike Miami Valley will be on hand to help you enter, snap a photo of you and your bike and supply you with information on bicycling in the Miami Valley.
* Fundamentals of Commuting – May 22, 6:30-8:30 p.m., PNC 2nd Street Market Pavilion. Learn what is involved to get you biking to work, a quick trip to the store, or your favorite restaurant. This lecture style class will include bike terminology, commuting equipment, and trip and bike preparation and briefly discuss traffic laws, hazards encountered, safe-riding skills and proper route planning. Cost: $10. Registration required: 277-4374
LOCAL BICYCLE COMMUTING RESOURCES
Bike Miami Valley: www.bikemiamivalley.org
Five Rivers MetroParks: www.metroparks.org
Miami Valley Bike Trails: www.miamivalleytrails.org
Dayton Cycling Club: www.daytoncyclingclub.org
• The helmet should be comfortable and must cover your forehead.
• The chinstrap must be tight and properly adjusted.
• The helmet should not rock forward or backward on your head.
• Replace any helmet that has been involved in a crash, is damaged or has been outgrown.