Here is a simple and fun way to decorate your Christmas tree with some unique and easy-to-make ornaments.
For just $4.99 you can make a pack of six of these ornaments. Each ornament can be different, and your choice of color combinations is endless.
Items I purchased:
• 6-pack of glass ball ornaments - $3.99 at Joann Fabrics
• Small package of Crayons - $1 at Dollar Tree
Items I already had:
• Oven mitt
• Hair dryer
1. Choose two to three crayon colors that you would like to mix together
2. Remove the topper from your glass ornament.
3. Remove the paper from the outside of your crayons and break off about ¼ of each crayon color you want to use.
4. For each ¼ of crayon you have broken off, break that piece in half.
5. Place all of your broken pieces into the glass ball.
6. Put on your oven mitt or heat-protective glove and begin heating the bottom of your ornament with a hairdryer turned to the medium setting.
7. The wax of the crayon will begin to melt after about 10 to 15 seconds. Once they start melting, start rotating the ornament so the melted wax slides across the inside of the ornament covering the inside glass.
8. Continue to heat the glass and rotate the ornament until the entire inside of the glass ornament is covered by wax.
9. Place the topper back on top of the ornament and the ornament is ready to hang on the tree.