Overnight fire destroys home in Union City, Darke County

    Breaking News Staff
    8:41 p.m Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 Homepage
Courtesy/Clinton Randall

A fire destroyed a family home overnight in Darke County, according to our partners at the Early Bird. 

Crews responded just before 1 a.m. Thursday to a reported structure fire on the 300 block of Wasson Road. 

>>> Home’s former resident ‘devastated’ by deadly Kettering explosion

According to Union City Fire Chief Mark Ater, a wood-burning stove caused the fire. Firefighters contained the flames and prevented damage to other structures, but the house is considered a complete loss. 

Owners of the house were home during the fire, but no injuries were reported.

View full experience