Two court houses, standing side by side, encompassed a block of downtown Dayton for many years.
Construction on the Old Court House (left) was competed in 1850 at a cost of $100,000.
Known as one of the finest examples of Greek-Revival architecture in the nation, it was constructed from stone cut from Dayton and Centerville quarries.
PHOTO FEATURE: Then & Now, past and current views of Dayton
A new larger court house (right) opened in 1884. It was demolished in the early 1970s as part of a downtown revitalization project.
Today the location of the former building is Courthouse Square, a popular downtown spot for live entertainment, food trucks and community gatherings.