breaking news

SPECIAL REPORT: Did you know the Dayton community helped build Good Samaritan Hospital?

Delta CEO permanently bans passenger accused of profanity-laced Trump rant on plane


A man who was seen on video going on a profanity-laced rant in support of President-elect Donald Trump has been permanently banned from Delta Airlines flight.

The New York Times reported that Delta CEO Ed Bastian  according to a company memo that was posted on the Delta news website.

>> Read more trending stories

The man, who has not been identified, was recorded on video Tuesday on Delta flight 248, bound for Allentown, Pennsylvania, from Atlanta.

"Ain't nobody gonna say no (expletive) on this plane. Donald Trump, baby," the man can be heard saying on the video, posted by Emma Baum. "Donald Trump, baby. We got some Hillary (expletive) on here? Come on, baby! Trump! That's what I'm talking about.

“Donald Trump is your president. Every (expletive) one of you. If you don’t like it, too bad.”

Related: Delta apologizes after passenger goes on profanity-laced Trump rant in packed plane

"As you may have heard by now, last week a video began circulating around the internet showing a disruptive passenger on board a Delta flight. This individual displayed behavior that was loud, rude and disrespectful to his fellow customers," Bastian said in the memo to employees. "After questioning the customer, our team members made the best decision they could given the information they had and allowed him to remain on the flight.

"However, if our colleagues had witnessed firsthand what was shown in the video, there is no question they would have removed him from the aircraft. He will never again be allowed on a Delta plane."

The airline was initially criticized for how it handled the situation, issuing an apology to customers and saying in a Nov. 26 statement that it "followed up with the teams involved and all agree that this customer should not have been allowed to continue on the flight."

Bastian said in his memo that customers on the flight would be refunded the cost of their tickets.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation & World

Grandson surprises grandfather with restored 1957 Chevy
Grandson surprises grandfather with restored 1957 Chevy

Fred Lamar’s 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air sat in a garage, just as he left it, for 30 years. Until about a year ago, when his grandson, Cameron Dedman, started restoring the iconic Motor City machine. On Saturday, Lamar, 81, nearly passed out when the car was revealed to him. “I have been doing a full frame off restoration of this car a big surprise...
Is feeding a cold a real thing? 5 winter health myths debunked
Is feeding a cold a real thing? 5 winter health myths debunked

You've probably heard winter health myths for years and you may have even accepted some of them as fact. From being told to bundle up, so you don't catch a cold to your neighbor swearing he got the flu from his flu shot, these myths make the rounds every winter. Mom always warned you you'd get sick if you didn't bundle up before heading out in cold...
Teen accused of killing acquaintance who sold him paprika instead of pot 
Teen accused of killing acquaintance who sold him paprika instead of pot 

A Utah teenager has been charged as an adult in a homicide that police investigators said took place after another teen sold him cooking spices instead of marijuana. Seth Carreras, 17, of Layton, was moved into the adult population at the Davis County Jail earlier this month, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. He is being held without bail on...
2 more Carnival cruise ships fail health inspections
2 more Carnival cruise ships fail health inspections

Two of the newest ships in the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet have received failing grades in health inspections designed to control the spread of gastrointestinal illnesses.  Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze both scored below a passing grade of 86, the Miami Herald reported.Vista, the cruise line's newest ship, received a 79 while Breeze...
Reports: North and South Korea to form joint Olympic team, march together in opening ceremony
Reports: North and South Korea to form joint Olympic team, march together in opening ceremony

South Korea and North Korea have agreed to create a joint Olympic team and march together in the opening ceremony in the next Winter Olympics, The Associated Press reported Wednesday. The two countries met for the second time in a week Monday to discuss the possibility of creating a joint ice hockey team for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang...
More Stories