Local real estate agent Steve Brown will be sworn in Thursday as the 2014 president of the National Association of Realtors, a rare opportunity for Brown and the Dayton area, his colleagues said.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
About National Association of Realtors
• NAR is a professional trade group for the real estate industry founded in 1908, and is affiliated with local boards of realtors throughout the country such as Dayton Area Board of Realtors and Ohio Association of Realtors.
• The National Association of Realtors, with approximately 1 million members, is the largest professional trade group in the U.S.
• Members are designated “Realtors” and must adhere to the group’s code of ethics. Not all real estate agents are Realtors. Members include residential and commercial Realtors who are brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers and counselors.
SOURCE: National Association of Realtors website, www.realtor.org
About Steve Brown, of Irongate Inc. Realtors
• Thirty-eight years in the real estate business
• President and co-owner of Irongate Inc. Realtors, an independent real estate services company with 300 agents working from offices in Beavercreek, Centerville, Englewood, Kettering, Springboro and Washington Twp. Services include real estate sales, mortgage, title and insurance services.
• 2014 president, National Association of Realtors (NAR)
• Member of the Ohio Association of Realtors (OAR) Board of Directors since 1993
• NAR Director from Ohio in 1999, 2001 to 2003, and 2005 to 2012
• NAR Region 6 Vice President, representing Ohio and Michigan, in 2005
• Past president of OAR in 2002 and Dayton Area Board of Realtors in 1995
• Recipient of the OAR Vincent T. Aveni Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012
• Recipient of the NAR President’s Cup Award recognizing Brown’s work as the 2009 Vice President for Committees and the 2009 Vice President for Governance
• Recipient of the OAR Phillip R. Barnes RPAC Achievement Award in 2007 for “extraordinary” commitment to the Realtors Political Action Committee
• Recipient of various sales awards from OAR and Dayton Area Board of Realtors including Pinnacle of Performance, Award of Excellence, and President’s Sales Club. The “Pinnacle of Performance” is the highest sales award offered by the Ohio Association.
SOURCE: Irongate Inc. Realtors