Edison Community College marks it 40th anniversary this year — and the growth of the school from a start-up in rented space to an institution that has a $32 million economic impact on Miami County.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
Edison Community College
- Chartered in 1973 as Edison State General and Technical College
- Name changed in 1977 to Edison State Community College
- Now commonly known as Edison Community College
- Located on 131 acres in Piqua
- Nearly 3,000 students in 30 fields
Source: Edison Community College