Three Ohio School Employees Retirement System board members are refusing to withdraw a request for a $11,232 trip to a conference in Hawaii despite warnings.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
How much money is SERS spending on travel and training for the board?
School Employees Retirement System board travel and training expenses, fiscal year 2012, total $158,488*:
* Mark Anderson, board meetings plus trips to New Orleans and New York, $13,822
* Nancy Edwards, trip to Philadelphia, $5,676
* Madonna Faragher, trips to San Francisco and Philadelphia, $14,663
* Mary Ann Howell, trip to New Orleans, $2,840
* Catherine Moss, trips to New Orleans and New York, $12,447
* Barbra Phillips, trips to San Francisco, Philadelphia and New Orleans, $20,474
* James Rossler Jr., trips to San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York, $14,787
* Richard Sensenbrenner, trip to Philadelphia, $10,108
* Beverly Woolridge, trips to San Francisco, Philadelphia, New Orleans, $20,204
*includes reimbursement for board meeting expenses such as mileage and $35,340 in payments to school districts for members’ missed work time