1. Hey now, you’re an All-Star: Fifth Third Field plays host to the Midwest League’s brightest stars when the 49th All-Star game rolls into town Tuesday. The host Dayton Dragons are well represented on the Eastern Division with seven All-Stars, including starting left fielder Jesse Winker. Gates open at 5 p.m. A home run derby team challenge starts at 5:30. Game time is 7:05. Swing by the Fraze Pavilion starting at 5:30 p.m. today for an All-Star block party featuring a Jimmy Buffet cover band, the Green Team with Heater and Gem and an autograph session at 6 p.m.
2. Going green: The Women’s Western Golf Association’s national amateur champion will be decided on the links at Dayton Country Club starting today. Qualifying rounds will be played today and Tuesday, then the tourney goes into Match Play starting on Wednesday and ending with Saturday’s championship round. Of the 144 women from 25 states, the District of Columbia and six other countries, eight are from the Miami Valley: Micaela Cronin (Dayton), Mikala Hadaway (Kettering), Jessie Jordan (Urbana), Madeline Kaminski (Kettering), Madison Musick (Fairborn), Molly Skapik (Miamisburg), Abigail Wellens (Springboro) and Jamie Witt (Miamisburg).
3. Demonz, you’re on the clock: The Dayton Demonz, a member of the Federal Hockey League, host a draft party Thursday at Buffalo Wild Wings in Englewood. The draft starts at 7:30 p.m. The FHL teams will pick from undrafted college and junior hockey league players and Demonz coach Marc LeFebvre will make the selections by conference call. Door prizes, a silent auction and the opportunity to register for season tickets are also on tap. The Demonz draft picks will be posted live on the team’s Facebook site at www.facebook.com/DaytonDemonzProfessionalHockeyClub.
4. Road trippin’: The All Star Circuit of Champions roars through the state with Ohio Sprint Speedweek, nine straight days of racing from Friday through June 29. The winged cars start at Attica Raceway on Friday and make local stops at Eldora Speedway on Saturday, Waynesfield Raceway Park on Sunday and Limaland Motorsports Park on June 28.
5. Batter up!: The Dayton Police Department and Dayton Fire Department compete in the Battle of the Badges charity softball game Sunday at Fifth Third Field. The event, which benefits the CARE House, follows the Dayton Dragons’ 4 p.m. game with the Lansing Lugnuts. Admission is free to the softball game, but both departments are selling Dragons tickets to raise funds for the CARE house. Tickets can be purchased at daytondragons.com/carehouse using the special offer code, “Care House.”