Long before Belmont High School would win the 1964 boys state high school basketball championship, it was Middletown that ruled supreme.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
OHIO BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION
When: 5-10 p.m. today.
Where: Columbus Convention Center.
Ticket info: Call (614) 547-2160.
- Belmont H.S. boys, 1964 state champs.
- University of Findlay men, 2009 NCAA D-II champs.
- Randy Ayers, 1974 Springfield North H.S., grad, Miami University.
- Brad Daugherty, Cavaliers 1986-94.
- Fran Guilbault, St. Henry boys coach 1961-99.
- Howard Jolliff, 1957 Canton South grad, OU.
- Kenyon Martin, 2000 national player of year for Cincinnati.
- James Morgan, 1953 Stivers grad, ‘57 Louisville grad, Stebbins coach.
- Ron Niekamp, 1968 St. Henry grad, ‘72 Miami grad, 39 seasons as high school and college coach, including Findlay 2009 title team.
- Tamika Williams Raymond, 1998 Chaminade Julienne grad, two-time title winner at UConn.
Wally Szczerbiak, MAC player of year for Miami in 1999.
Steve Trout, 1969 Riverdale grad, 1974 Findlay College; official for 34 years.
- Barbara Turner, 2002 Cleveland East Tech, ‘06 UConn.
- Bill Uhl, 1951 Greenfield McClain grad, ‘56 Dayton, UD All-American.