Bill Dallas remembers his high school baseball field as an old farm patch — 12 miles from Graham High, just north of Kiser Lake, in tiny Rosewood. It’s the kind of out-of-the-way place where the only choice is to dream.
The story you’re reading is premium content for subscribers of the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News. Not a subscriber? Get total access to all our in-depth news and exclusive content here.
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
Read MyDaytonDailyNews.com all week — weekly digital pass$3.99 per week
Subscribe for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
For Subscribers: Register your account for digital access.Access Digital
For Subscribers: Sign in here if you have already registered your account.Sign In
GRAHAM’S ’73 TITLE RUN
- Scored in bottom of 7th to beat Shawnee 1-0.
- Beat Northwestern 7-4.
- Gary Kite no-hits Catholic Central 20-0.
- Beat Ben Logan 2-1.
- Scored go-ahead run in top of 7th to beat Woodmore 2-1.
- Scored in top of 7th to beat Paulding 1-0 on Tim West’s 1-hitter.
- Beat Bishop Ready 8-4 with 6-run top of 7th.
- Beat Beloit West Branch 5-1 on West’s 2-hitter.