Check this page for a full list of crashes, disabled vehicles, construction projects and other hazards impacting your commute.
Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at 937-259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic .
Sgt. Mark Bowron is updating conditions every six minutes on AM 1290 and News 95.7 FM.
Major Highway Incidents
- No incidents have been reported.
Surface Street Incidents
- On Upper Bellbrook Road just south of Feedwire Road in Bellbrook, a crash was reported around 7:40 a.m. No injuries were reported, but fire crews were requested for a fuel spill.
- On U.S. 42 just north of the Central State University campus in Xenia, a rollover crash with injuries was reported around 7:30 a.m. U.S. 42 is closed in both directions between Brush Row Road and Nash Road, according to ODOT. It is not clear when the road will reopen.
- On Bellefontaine Road about two miles south of National Road in Bethel Township, Miami County, deputies and medics were dispatched on a reported rollover crash with injuries around 7 a.m.
- On Edwin C. Moses Boulevard at the I-75 overpass, Dayton police responded to a reported crash around 7 a.m.
- On Rt. 235 near Hilltop Road in Xenia Township, deputies and medics were dispatched to a reported crash with injuries around 7:10 a.m.
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
- NB I-75 ramp to WB I-70, the right lane will be closed on the ramp for repairs from an earlier crash until October 20.
- I-70 between Taywood Road and SR 48,Nightly lane closures October 19th – 22nd between 8 pm and 6 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- SR 741 between Dixie/Kettering Boulevard and Alex Bell Road,Nightly lane closures October 17th – 22nd between 7 pm and 6 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- SR 48 between I-675 and Franklin Street,Nightly lane closures October 17th – 23rd between 7 pm and 6 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- US 35 between Preble County Line Road and Union Road,Daily lane closures October 17th – 22nd between 7 am and 7 pm. One lane will remain open for travel in each direction through the use of flaggers.
- The Webster Street bridge is closed as it is rebuilt. A detour will take motorists to Keowee Street to Monument Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of 2017
- I-75 northbound ramp to US 35 westbound, ramp closed until Oct. 31. The official detour is I-75 north to U.S. 35 east to Jefferson Street to Washington Street to Ludlow Street to U.S. 35 west.
- I-70 between Airport Access Road and SR 48, lane addition project. Two lanes open in each direction. Motorists will encounter barrels and construction in this area.
- The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, are permanently closed. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December of 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to U.S. 35 East to Jefferson Street to First and Third streets. Motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard.
- Vista View Drive between Second Street and Third Street, road closed through September of 2017. Detour posted.
- Red Cross Lane between First Street and Gibbs Lane, road closed through September 2016. The official detour is: First Street to Perry Street to Second Street to Red Cross Lane.
- I-75 at US 36, Intermittent lane closures October 23rd between 7 am and 9 am. These will be brief lasting about 10 minutes.
- Ginghamsburg Road between Tipp Connelsville Road and CR 25A, road closure October 10th - 31st. The official detour is: Tipp Connelsville Road to Shoop Road to CR 25A to Ginghamsburg Road.
- Statler Road between Cromes Drive and Free Road,road closure September 13th – June 15th, 2017. The official detour is: Cromes Drive/Looney Road to US 36 to Troy-Sidney Road to Statler Road.
- I-75 between CR 25A (Piqua) and US 36,Lane width restrictions September 12th – June 15th of 2017. Lanes are restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
- I-75 south ramp to CR 25A near Troy, ramp closed March 21 through Oct. 28. The official detour is I-75 south to SR 41 to I-75 north to CR 25A.
- I-75 at CR 25A (Troy), width restrictions March 29 through Oct. 31. Northbound lanes will be restricted to 13 feet. Southbound lanes will be restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction with one northbound lane shifted to the southbound side and one northbound lane operating on the northbound side. Two southbound lanes will also be open on the southbound side.
- Bridge deck replacement means a temporary signal on U.S. 68 over Painters Creek, just north of the Greene/Clinton line, beginning June 20. The temporary signal will be used to maintain one lane of two-way traffic on U.S. 68 through October.
- The SR 380 bridge over U.S. 35 in Xenia will be closed until at least October 31. Arrow boards and signs will direct drivers to the detour using SR 73 and U.S. 42.
- SR 4 between Prairie Road and Baldwin Lane,bridge closure October 11th – November 2nd. The official detour is: SR 40 to SR 54 to SR 4
- Columbia Street at Upper Valley Pike,road closure September 14th – October 28th. *Road will only be closed at intersection of Upper Valley Pike.
- County Wide Guardrail repairs at various locations along SR 47, SR 49, SR 118, SR 121 and US 36.Various lane closures August 15th – October 31st between 7 am and 5 pm. One lane will remain open for travel in each direction through the use of flaggers.
- US 36 between Stringtown Road and Yocum Road,Daily lane closures October 3rd – 28th between 7 am and 5 pm. One lane will remain open for travel in each direction through the use of flaggers.
- SR 55 between Rhodes Road and Coffin Station Road,Daily lane closures October 3rd – 28th between 7 am and 5 pm. One lane will remain open for travel in each direction through the use of flaggers.
- SR 589 between Deam Road and SR 29, bridge closure October 4th – 25th. The official detour is: US 36 to SR 235 to SR 29
- SR 48 north between Fessler Buxton Road and Russia Versailles Road,road closure October 3rd – 31st.The official detour is: US 36 to SR 66 to SR 48
- SR 66 between SR 29 and Deep Cut Road,Daily lane closures September 19th – October 31st between 7 am and 6 pm. One lane will remain open in each direction.
Download our free WHIO news app which will send you notifications of major traffic issues and provide you with 24/7 updates on breaking news and weather.
Get a live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.