Check this page for a full list of crashes, disabled vehicles, construction projects and other hazards impacting your commute.
Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at 937-259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic .
Sgt. Mark Bowron is updating conditions every six minutes on AM 1290 and News 95.7 FM.
Major Highway Incidents
- On I-75 North, just south of the Dryden Road exit, there is a vehicle on its top. It’s in the far right lane. Fire/rescue crews are on scene. The accident was reported about 3:45 p.m. The vehicle, a pickup truck, apparently hydroplaned on the wet road. Driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to a hospital, police said.
- On southbound I-75 near Benchwood Road in Butler Township, a grass fire has been reported by scanner traffic and multiple calls into our newsroom. No lanes have been reported blocked initially.
Surface Street Incidents
- On South Broadway Street at West Third Street in Dayton, police reported a crash without injuries around 7:40 a.m.
- On South Smithville Road at U.S. 35 in Dayton, a crash with injuries was reported around 7:10 a.m.
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
- I-70 between Taywood Road and I-75,Nightly lane closures October 15th – December 16th between 8 pm and 6 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- The Webster Street bridge is closed as it is rebuilt. A detour will take motorists to Keowee Street to Monument Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of 2017
- I-70 between Airport Access Road and SR 48, lane addition project. Two lanes open in each direction. Motorists will encounter barrels and construction in this area.
- The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, are permanently closed. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December of 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to U.S. 35 East to Jefferson Street to First and Third streets. Motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard.
- Vista View Drive between Second Street and Third Street, road closed through September of 2017. Detour posted.
- I-75 near CR 25A (Troy),Nightly lane closures October 14th – November 30th between 7 pm and 7 am. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- Statler Road between Cromes Drive and Free Road,road closure September 13th – June 15th, 2017. The official detour is: Cromes Drive/Looney Road to US 36 to Troy-Sidney Road to Statler Road.
- I-75 between CR 25A (Piqua) and US 36,Lane width restrictions September 12th – June 15th of 2017. Lanes are restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
Download our free WHIO news app which will send you notifications of major traffic issues and provide you with 24/7 updates on breaking news and weather.
Get a live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.