Hotel Vermont will offer a "Wild About Vermont" event on Nov. 7 that will feature a game supper, with donations from hunters and fishermen in the state.
The game supper will include fish, deer, bear, moose, muskrat and other roadkill. You read right: They'll serve roadkill.
Vermont Fish and Wildlife will supply three animals that were injured or killed on roads and highways for the meal.
“The idea is to get people connected to their local food sources, but also to showcase the traditions of Vermont,” Chef Doug Paine told WPTZ.
"Vermont's quirky. Let's keep it that way," Kate Paine told WPTZ.
Chef Paine says it will be delicious and well worth trying.
- Sleeping in a cold room may be better for your health
- Girl born with heart outside chest raising funds for surgery
- Student at center of classroom takedown recently orphaned, in foster care
- What is the unhealthiest Halloween candy?
- Sex offenders to spend Halloween night in ‘jail’