Springfield manufacturing company names new CEO


A Springfield manufacturing company has a new CEO, a move that also ensures the same family will lead the company for a third generation.

Jamie McGregor has been appointed CEO of the McGregor Metalworking Companies. The company, which has about 400 employees, also announced a new executive management team this week.

MORE: Springfield company to add workers, expand in Clark County

Jamie McGregor most recently served as vice president of sales, where he was tasked with diversifying the company’s customer base. His grandfather, John McGregor, founded the manufacturing firm in 1965. Jamie McGregor’s uncle and father then spent years growing the business and it will now pass on to a third generation of family leadership, he said.

Dan McGregor, who previously led the company, is retiring.

RELATED: Clark State plans 4-year degree in manufacturing to meet job demand

“Even though Dan is stepping away from the business from a day-to-day perspective, he’s still just a phone call away,” Jamie McGregor said.

The company also announced changes to its executive management team. All of the executive team members have experience working for the company, Jamie McGregor said. Tom Wright was appointed as chief operating officer while Pete Dame will continue to serve as chief financial officer.

DETAILS: Springfield company boosts wages to attract workers

Kara Williams was appointed director of human resources while Dave Myers will serve as director of engineering. Alex Seder was appointed director of sales.

“They’ll help with the consistency and leadership style we’ll need to continue,” McGregor said.

McGregor operates four plants in Springfield and specializes in metal stampings, machined parts, welded assemblies and other products for the agriculture, lawn and garden, motor lamination, and health and fitness industries.

Its customers include companies like John Deere, Toyota and Honda.



Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Local

Tow truck driver charged after hauling pizza delivery car away with boy, 11, inside 
Tow truck driver charged after hauling pizza delivery car away with boy, 11, inside 

An Illinois tow truck driver was charged after he hauled away a pizza delivery car while a 11-year-old boy with Down syndrome was inside the vehicle, WLS reported. >> Read more trending news  Brian Clark, 52, of Bensenville, was charged with endangerment of a child and reckless conduct. He was released on bond Friday evening, the television...
Former Jefferson Airplane singer Marty Balin sues hospital over botched surgery
Former Jefferson Airplane singer Marty Balin sues hospital over botched surgery

A founder of the Jefferson Airplane lost part of his tongue and his left thumb during a botched surgery in New York, according to a lawsuit filed late Thursday. >> Read more trending news  Marty Balin filed a suit in the Manhattan Federal Court, claiming his vocal cords were paralyzed and he lost half his tongue in a tracheotomy after open...
Wright State medical students to volunteer at community health fair event
Wright State medical students to volunteer at community health fair event

Students at the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine will volunteer at the second annual Community Health Fair at Five Rivers Family Health Center in Dayton Saturday.  The event serves as the official kick-off for the organization's health coach project. Working in neighborhoods near the recently closed Good Samaritan Hospital...
Woman arrested after trying to break into Seattle home through dog door
Woman arrested after trying to break into Seattle home through dog door

A Seattle couple told police that a woman broke into their home through a dog door.  The attempted break-in was caught on surveillance cameras. The couple said they were at home when they saw a car pull up next to their driveway. Hours later the car was still there. Then the couple noticed the woman who was in the car was trying to break into...
Trial delayed for suspect in central Florida school shooting
Trial delayed for suspect in central Florida school shooting

The trial for a 19-year-old Florida man accused of firing a shotgun inside a Marion County high school has been postponed. It was supposed to start Monday, but the defense said it needed more time. >> Read more trending news  In April, a school resource officer inside Forest High School in Ocala arrested Sky Bouche minutes...
More Stories