During February — American Heart Month — Premier Health will offer free cardiovascular screenings.
Premier Health’s screenings will include non-fasting finger stick screening for total cholesterol, HDL, blood sugar and a blood pressure reading.
“Regular screenings are important, because they may help to find risk factors in the earliest stages when they can be treated appropriately,” George T. Broderick, Jr., MD, FSCAI, FACP, FACC, cardiologist with The Premier Heart Associates, said in a release. “The treatment could include lifestyle changes and medications, as determined by the physician.”
The screenings are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. No appointment is needed at screening locations, except for the Feb. 17 event at Upper Valley Medical Center.
The heart screenings will be available in the following locations:
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10: Miami Valley Hospital South, 2400 Miami Valley Drive, Conference Center, Centerville.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 11: Atrium Health Center Trenton, Trenton Family Medicine, 3590 Busenbark Road, Suite 400.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12: Good Samaritan North Health Center, 9000 N. Main St., Education Center, Englewood.
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15: Miami Valley Hospital Jamestown Emergency Center, 4940 Cottonville Road, Conference Room.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16: Good Samaritan Health Center Huber Heights, 6251 Good Samaritan Way, Education Room.
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17: Upper Valley Medical Center, 3130 N. County Road 25-A, Troy, Lower Level Conference Rooms A-D. Call CareFinders at 1-866-608-FIND for an appointment.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18: Atrium Medical Center Professional Building, One Medical Center Drive, 5th Floor Auditorium, Middletown.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24: Atrium Health Center Mason, 7450 Mason Montgomery Road, Suite 201.
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26: Miami Valley Hospital Medical Imaging Center, Beavercreek, 1244 Meadow Bridge Drive.
For more information, call 877-274-4543 or visit premierhealth.com/HeartMonth2016.